General Safety Tips
- Keep exterior lights on at night in the both front and back—a dark entryway makes it easier for intruders to go undetected.
- Don’t make yourself an easy target.
- Don’t walk the streets distracted, talking on the phone, texting or listening to music that doesn’t let you hear what is going on around you.
- Travel in numbers whenever possible on well-lit routes.
- Visit Home Safety for more information on tips for home!
- Know your neighbors and watch out for people that don’t belong.
- Avoid walking through alleys at night.
- Pick up loose trash in and around your block, if it doesn’t look like we care about our neighborhood, no one else will.
Being active and engaged in your community is the best deterrent to crime.
Visit Home Safety for more information on tips for home!
Visit Reporting a Crime for more information on when and how to report a crime.